Sunday, January 3, 2016

"All things are possible"

“Everything is possible for one who believes.” Mark 9:23b (NIV)

If you read my blog post from yesterday, you know that I have a word for the year. Possibility. When I opened my Bible yesterday morning, asking God to grant me my word, this is the story my Bible fell open to.

A man answered, “Teacher, I brought my son to you. He has a spirit from the devil in him. This spirit stops him from talking. The spirit attacks him and throws him on the ground. My son foams at the mouth, grinds his teeth, and becomes very stiff. I asked your followers to force the evil spirit out, but they couldn’t.”
 Jesus answered, “You people don’t believe! How long must I stay with you? How long must I go on being patient with you? Bring the boy to me!”
 So the followers brought him to Jesus. As soon as the evil spirit saw Jesus, it attacked the boy. He fell down and rolled on the ground, foaming from his mouth.
             Jesus asked the boy’s father, “How long has this been happening?”
The father answered, “Since he was very young. The spirit often throws him into a fire or into water to kill him. If you can do anything for him, please have pity on us and help us.”
             Jesus said to the father, “You said, ‘If you can!’ All things are possible for him who believes.”
            Immediately the father cried out, “I do believe! Help me to believe more!”
            Jesus saw that a crowd was running there to see what was happening. So he spoke to the evil spirit, saying, “You deaf and dumb spirit—I command you to come out of this boy and never enter him again!”
            The evil spirit screamed and caused the boy to fall on the ground again. Then the spirit came out. The boy looked as if he were dead. And many people said, “He is dead!” But Jesus took hold of the boy’s hand and helped him to stand up.
            Jesus went into the house. His followers were alone with him there. They said, “Why couldn’t we force that evil spirit out?”
            Jesus answered, “That kind of spirit can only be forced out by prayer.”
( Mark 9:17-29International Children’s Bible)

Whatever inspiration I have already posted about that word, or will post in the future, this is where it came from. Yep, because God is so ridiculously good to me, this is the word He gave me.

May your year be filled with inspiration from God as well. 
It's even possible to survive this waterfall in your kayak. Though not possible for me. 

No comments: