Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - Tumaini Tuesday

So that I can end on the positive, let me start with the Ugly.


Kibera Slum in Nairobi. Very little good to say about that, mostly just lots of Ugly.


I guess that these fall under Bad because I believe that there is hope that these bad situations can change.


Such as a lack of water at Saikeri.


Or lack of quality housing at the SIDP camp at Maai Mahiu.


Or lack of school supplies at Southern Cross Academy at the SIDP.


But even in Kenya, there are stories of Good, successful programs which still need support but which are making a difference.


The Talia Women’s Shelter, rescuing girls from horrific situations.


Compassion International, raising children around the world from poverty, but in my little corner of the world, giving this beautiful child hope for a better future.


If you are in northern Wisconsin and want to hear more stories and see more pictures, I will be giving a presentation titled “A Trip to Kenya: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly” on Sunday, January 31, starting at 10:15 am at St Paul Lutheran Church downtown Tomahawk. Post a message if you have any questions or want me to give a presentation for your own group sometime. 

2 comments:

Denise said...

I hope you have a fantastic turnout

Chris Loehmer Kincaid said...

Thanks, Denise, see you this Sunday.