Saturday, January 2, 2016

POSSIBILITY

Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26

For the last two years, about this time of year, I have chosen a word to inspire me and keep me focused over the next 365 days or so. Two years ago the word was acceptance, last year anticipation.

There are a few dates on my 2016 calendar - a camping trip, Lifest, my kids returning to Kenya for two and leaving me behind.  I want to finish the final round of edits on my novel set in Africa and start writing my second novel. I hope to write my second memoir about my last two trips to Kenya. I’d like to get my third devotional published. I need to finish walking all of the streets of my hometown and it would be nice if I could run in another 5K.

There are so many more things which I could do in the New Year, things I probably haven’t even thought about. Anything is possible!

And so my word has been chosen for me. My goal for the year – the focus in as many endeavors as I can muster, is to greet each item with an open mind and an open heart, anticipating and accepting that the possibilities for this year are endless.


possibility

No comments: