Wednesday, February 14, 2018

The Value of Words


Here it is Valentine’s Day as well as Ash Wednesday. You would think that I could find something about this day to write a blog post about. Yet, here I sit at my laptop sensing a ramble coming on.

I usually write my blog posts the night before and then post them first thing the next morning. Last night, even though I got home from work a little after six and had nothing special I had to do the rest of the evening, I never got around to writing anything. After watching “Hawaii 5-O” with the hubby, while eating supper, I headed to my office and spent the next few hours wasting time on the computer, talking to a few people on line and looking at old family photos. I do not know where some evenings go.

I’ve been awake since four a.m. and finally got up at five, because my head was still spinning trying to figure out what to write. For the last four or five years (maybe more), my goal has been to blog on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays. It seems, that most weeks, those days work the best for me. I’ve altered that schedule at times, but always fall back on that. Some days, when I really am at a loss for ideas, I skip posting altogether, as I probably should be doing today. I know, after all the reading I’ve done on writing, that even though one should always keep writing, sometimes it’s better to keep it to yourself than share it with others, such as when you have nothing to say.

Yet, here I am, about to share this bunch of random fodder with you, because I guess I wanted to give you a peak into my world, into what’s in my head at five a.m. when I can’t sleep.

To go along with it, here is an equally random photo, taken of me and my cat in my parent’s front yard, circa 1969. Being oh so creative even then, already valuing the use of words.

Happy Valentine’s Day and welcome to Lent.


No comments: