Sunday, February 4, 2018

Where God's Plans Are

 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)

On my January 14 blog post, I shared that my “word of the year” is actually part of a verse from Proverbs 19. The Lord’s plans prevail. Here it is just a few weeks later and those words have totally escaped me.

As usual, I had a whole list of things I had hoped to accomplish last week. I post my goals and how I succeeded (or not) on the other blog which I maintain. (You can read about it here.) You may have guessed, whether you read that other blog or not, that I did not reach many of those goals last week.

It’s easy to mentally beat myself up over that. I really have no good reason for not doing much last week, I chose to be a couch potato and web surfer instead of being productive. But for whatever reason, maybe I wasn’t meant to get much done. Maybe it was God’s plan for me to just take the week off. Maybe (hopefully!), it is God’s plan for me to be productive next week or the week after.

I have to place my failures as well as my successes in God’s hands. He has got it covered, whatever I do or don’t do.


Thank You, Lord, for having a plan for my life, for my days. Help me to accept that it is Your will which will prevail and that all I need do is follow where You lead. Amen. 
In 1984, God led me to Castle Rock, Colorado. I'm glad He led me back home a few years later. 

1 comment:

Denise said...

You are very hard on yourself my friend.