Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Relaxing by the Lake

 This past weekend, my sister and I had reserved a cabin at a resort a short thirty-seven minutes away from my house. Plans changed at the last minute, as plans do, but it all turned out all right. Or at least the way it was supposed to.

The funny thing is that last year I wrote a story about a woman who wanted to write a murder mystery. She was able to spend a week alone at a friend’s timeshare working on it, but of course, stumbled on somewhat of a real-life mystery. I just published it on Amazon in March.

And then there I was, three months and a pandemic later, spending an entire day and a night alone at a secluded resort myself. My sister was only able to stay on Thursday for the day, and my daughter came up Friday after work for the night and the day Saturday. Which left me with the 24 hours in between to write.

Well, that didn’t go nearly as well as I had hoped. Oh, I finished one story and edited another one. I also took a record 300 pictures of the scenery and the wildlife, which will be coming on my next blog.

But for today, let’s take a mid-week break. Relax by the lake or around the fire. If only in our minds. And dream about the summer vacations to come. 
The couch where I set up my laptop for all the writing I was going to do. 
View of the lake from my cabin. 
Kayaks waiting to be taken out on . . .
. . . Muskie Lake 
 

No comments: