Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Tale of Two Weekends

   It has been such a long winter for all of us. I have hardly been able to stand not getting away for a weekend. The last time was in February, shortly after my husband had surgery on his arm and just before COVID19 hit. We went down to our son’s for a quick overnight visit.

But now that the weather is nice, I’m going to get out and go bumming when I can. 
 As I mentioned last week, I went away for a long weekend the first weekend in June to Hideaway Resort in Harshaw.  
 The original lodge building has a colorful history, which I will share another time. If you know me at all, you know that there is always a long story, but I have other things to write tonight, such as some of the things I do when I get away. 
 Like photographing the lodge from the Muskie Lake.
 In a kayak. So much fun. 
 I also took a lot of walks, around the grounds. 
 And down neighboring side roads. But what did I do this past weekend? 
 I couldn't have all the fun by myself, so . . .
 . . . I went camping with Hubby and the dog at Lake of Falls County Park near Mercer. 
 Adorable little campground, where my two sisters and I had camped once twenty-four years ago. 
 I took several walks and way too many pictures. 
 Three hundred and six of them! We took a drive on Saturday, so I took a lot of shots then. 
 But still, one hundred and five of my pictures were taken just at the county park. 
Luckily only a few of them were as dumb as the one 
that I had to get of the pay shower.

No comments: