Friday, June 12, 2020

Wonderful Wildlife

   As promised on Wednesday’s blog post, here are more of the pictures I took while staying at Hideaway Resort last weekend. I thought I’d start with the plethora of wildlife I saw. 
 You can make out the osprey in the lower right side above. He's a little bit better focused there than below.
 I couldn't get a good picture of the female mallard because of the light.
 The light being the setting sun.
 We actually had chosen this particular resort because of the resident pair of loons.
 The male was quite the character.
 But I had to wait until evening for him to come close enough to shore to get a better shot.
 As if I have never seen a Canadian goose before, I took probably 20 pictures of this pair. I didn't, however, get pictures of the bald eagle or the heron. Or the black garter snake which slithered through the grass way too fast for me to get a shot of.
 It's that time of year when the fawns are out. And oh, how I hoped to see one. But I was pretty excited just to see one's delicate tracks. Mom's on the left, baby's on the right.
 But during that walk that evening I did see one whitetail.
 And a second one.
 But this beauty has to be my favorite. This was near her den a few hundred yards behind my cabin. One morning I heard the pitter-patter of tiny feet and looked out the window to see a kit pop out from under my cabin.
 Before I knew it, though, it was time to leave. This little friend parked himself under my car, apparently not wanting me to go.
 The time had come, however, for me to head on down the road.

No comments: