Wednesday, June 3, 2020

The Ideas Keep Coming

You may be asking yourself – or wanting to ask me – where I get the ideas from for my blog posts or for anything I write for that matter.

If you’ve been following The Dino Chronicles for long, you know a lot of what I share is based on current events. During March and April, I did a series of posts about the COVID19 pandemic. The reality of those posts is that I’ve been writing the “Covert Corona and How Chris is Coping Chronicles” since March 22 and have amassed 25,000 words on it.

I am still processing the most current current events. I alluded to that on my Sunday’s blog post, but as mentioned, I am still processing it. Trying to find the words.

A lot of my blog posts didn’t start with words, but with pictures instead. Over the years, those photos have spawned tales of adventures big and small, past and recent, travels near and far, family memories, family fun times 

I actually started this blog ten years ago on March 1, sharing my first really big adventure. I posted here almost every night after that for a month, and those 26 posts covered the first thirty-some years of my life. The next four months I wrote about my first trip to Kenya. Those four months’ worth of posts would eventually become my first book, “A Time for Every Purpose Under Heaven”. 

When I was a kid, I never imagined writing so many blog posts, most probably because there wasn’t such a thing as a blog or even the internet. But I always wanted to be a writer. I know that I’ve told you before about my belief that everything happens for a reason and God’s got a plan for how things are going to work out. I’m convinced that when I was starting to write stories in third grade, God knew how I was going to get that first book published.


So, back to answering the question of where I get the ideas.

My first novel, “Where the Sky Meets the Sand”, started with a dream I had one night about a Maasai boy in Kenya. My most recently published work, the novella “To Find Justice”, was also inspired by a dream.     

The idea for my latest novel, “The Truth Beyond the River”, has been in my head since watching a news story 45 years ago. I hope to publish it through Amazon by the first of July. I’ll try to post updates on my progress between now and then.

But, you never know. There are always more thoughts bouncing around in my head and in my life.

No comments: