Sunday, June 14, 2020

Unwinding

 

   Because the Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need! He lets me rest in the meadow grass and leads me beside the quiet streams. He gives me new strength. He helps me do what honors him the most. (Psalm 23:1-3, Living Bible)

I’m sorry that I am posting this so late in the day. Hubby and I were camping this weekend, and I didn’t have internet. Which is a sorry excuse, as I had plenty of time to still write this and then post it as soon as I got home this morning.

Instead, when we got home, around eleven, there was all the hub-hub of getting the camper unpacked, putting stuff away, washing clothes, airing out the bedding that didn’t need to be washed. It always makes me wonder if going camping for a weekend is worth it.

But then I look back at the pictures I took and think of all of the beauty I witnessed. I remember the quiet hours of relaxation, of just getting away. Of feeling my strength renewed, my faith rejuvenated.

Yes, it is worth it.

Thank You, Lord, for allowing me time to get away from it all and to unwind. Amen.

No comments: