Friday, May 10, 2019

Spring Vacation 2019, Day 6

Yesterday afternoon, our internet at home was restored. Yeah! I still feel guilty that I see life without it as a problem. What is wrong with me? I still have a roof over my head, clean running water, plenty of food to eat, too many clothes in my closet. Which of those would I rather give up?

But moving on. Or at least moving back to our April vacation to Virginia.

Tuesday of that week, we visited historic Williamsburg. Just like with Jamestown, I had been there before, but I remember very little, mostly that there were no motorized vehicles on the cobbled streets. The streets had seemed much narrower also. I don’t know why I would have thought that as a little kid, when everything usually felt so big.

So here are some of the pictures from our day. Even though I have the internet back and could look up each of these places to give you a play by play (or look up the information in the travel guide like in the old days), I’ll save that for another time. 













And there you have it, folks. Next stop will be the home of Thomas Jefferson.

No comments: