Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Spring Vacation 2019, Day 7

I hate that life has so gotten in the way of – well – my life. Chaos continues to ensue. Perhaps if I would just write about it and get it out of the way, I could go on with it. But instead, I’m sticking to the chronological order of things and telling you about our April vacation first.

Hard to believe it has taken me this long to get up to Day 7, Wednesday, and time to ever so slowly begin heading home. I have a friend from high school who lives between Richmond and Charlottesville, Virginia. Way back when I started planning this trip, I knew I had to figure out how to work a visit into the itinerary. It was sometime after that when I realized that Monticello, the home of Thomas Jefferson, wasn’t that far out of the way.

We headed out from Williamsburg that Wednesday morning and went straight to Charlottesville. After spending hours touring Monticello (and feeling as if we’d only scratched the surface), we back-tracked the forty or so miles to my friend’s house. We had a wonderful visit.












I hope to go back again someday when we have enough time to do everything in Virginia that we really need to do.

No comments: