Friday, May 17, 2019

Spring Vacation 2019, Day 8 and 9

   Finally, the last two days of Spring Vacation and the long drive home. Drove twelve straight hours, from just south of Charlottesville, Virginia, to Danville, Illinois on Thursday. Then from there home on Friday, where we were met with a flooded basement. But let’s finish vacation first.

I don’t know where they got their slogan from. You would think with all the history in Virginia they could do better than this. But who am I to judge. 
Our last night in Virginia we spent at the ranch of one of my friends from high school. Maybe the Virginia slogan should be Virginia is for cow lovers. (Where do I come up with this stuff?)
Into West Virginia and the beautiful mountains, where we once again didn’t spend enough time.
I did talk Hubby into stopping at the shop owned by the Barnyard Builder’s from DIY network.
 In the quaint little town of White Sulphur Springs.
Past the West Virginia state capital in Charleston.
 Into Ohio.
 
 And out of Ohio.
 Into Indiana.
 
And, well, into Illinois.
Funny how we traveled 2,858 miles in nine days, and a mile from our house, one of my deer is waiting for me.
 I know we just got home, but Honey, I’m ready to go again!

1 comment:

Denise said...

I worked at The Greenbriar in WSS 1981.