Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Spring Vacation 2019, Days 2 & 3

Look at that. It’s May 1 already. I think that today is the day the last of my snow will melt. I am going to hope so.

But back to vacation. Last Friday, all I had to show you about the trip thus far was all the bad weather we encountered. Thankfully, the second two days of driving to Virginia, we had beautiful weather. The first time we drove past green grass and buds on the trees, I just wanted to stop and drink it in. 
 Ok, I wasn't about to drink in the green grass at this cemetery we ran across in the middle of nowhere in Kentucky.
 I never was able to find out the name of it.
 They call these trees "redbuds". They look more pink to me.
 The Smoky Mountains of West Virginia.
 Can see why they're called that.
 Humpback Bridge near Covington, Virginia.
 Can you see the word LOVE spelled out?
 Every trip I take, my goal is to visit some place historic (you'll hear all about that in the coming days), as well as a cemetery (as above) and a waterfall. This is the only waterfall we saw.
 View from the pass over Porter Mountain
 Near the Sharp Top Mountain trail head.
Our destination, in a roundabout way. The paper mill in Franklin, Virginia, where my great-uncles worked. I've ridden past it six times in my life, but having lived most of my life in a paper mill town, they are all in my blood.  

No comments: