Saturday, January 10, 2015

Let me wrap this up

I may have more to say about the 40 things I did in ’14, but I am going to wrap it up today. Here is what we had left.

TRAVEL
30.       go away in the spring – Hubby and I went to Clarksville, Missouri, in April for a week. Had a super-great time.
31        take a road trip with my sister – Sister and I went to Frankenmuth, Michigan, on a spur of the moment trip to recover some Kenyan gifts for the nonprofit.
32.       go camping in the summer – Hubby, Dino and I went to our favorite place, McLain State Park in the UP. Super-fantastic time.
33.       go away in the fall – I would have liked to choose this trip, but we had to go to the hubby’s niece’s wedding in the Twin Cities in October. Both my kids joined us, which was great.

CHURCH
34.       work on Easter Dinner – I didn’t do a whole lot, but I was there in spirit.    
35.       write children’s Christmas program – I thought about this for months, before actually writing it sometime in the fall. I have a template of sorts for the program, so I just plug in different verses and themes each year so it really isn’t too much of a big deal.  
36.       do the Christmas program – Everyone showed up, everyone knew what they were doing, church had four times the usual attendees for a Saturday night service, so all went well.  

FAMILY
37.       host Trink’s BD party – The hubby’s brother decided last winter that the three sons should have a Birthday party for Mom’s 80th birthday. Great idea, but the only place to hold said-party would be my house. Best part – perfect weather. 48 people were here, they would not have all fit in my house.  
38.       host Thanksgiving dinnerAnd this year I didn’t even have to have any alcohol to get through the day.  

HEALTH
39.       walk half the streets of town – My goal was to walk every street in town. Didn’t happen, but it gives me something to do next summer.
40.       start running again – I ran that 5K in 2013 and I don’t know why I couldn’t get fired up to do it in 2014. But I have started on the treadmill and am going to be ready for 2015.


And there you have it. 40 things I did in ’14. 
(Be sure to click on all the high-lighted links to read more about all the fun I had last year.)

No comments: